Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) Agencies in Illinois work in partnership with parents, business leaders, government officials and child care providers to make quality child care available to Illinois families. The state of Illinois is divided into groupings of counties called Service Delivery Areas (SDA). Each SDA has a Child Care Resource & Referral Agency that serves the communities within the SDA.
Each CCR&R agency offers a core set of services for providers:
- Training and technical assistance
- Consultant Team offering free services to increase the quality of care
- Grant opportunities to increase program quality
- Referrals to parents seeking child care
- Funding for accreditation and professional development
- Professional recognition